Thursday, June 3, 2010

List Of Binge Foods

I have a nice long post for you today. (You who? No one has stumbled across this yet. I'm still ranting to myself, voiceless echoes in an empty canyon.) I thought I would write a little bit about bingeing. How do I binge? On what do I binge? What do I get out of a binge?

Binge foods are things that I rarely eat in moderation. If I have them around, I will eat them until they are gone. Rarely are they anything with significant nutritional value. I seek out sugar, salt, and fat. Anything of the golden-brown variety is especially enticing.

For me, the experience of binge eating is very much like how I've seen people describe cutting. Sometimes I don't like what I'm feeling, so I create this very intense experience with the food. I choose strongly flavored things and eat them to the point of physical pain. My stomach becomes so distended that all I can do is lay down. I cannot breath properly because my lungs are compressed. The food is both comfort and punishment. I give myself a "treat" to show myself love, to feel something pleasurable, and make myself ugly at the same time. If I am ugly, if I am in pain, no one can expect me to deal with life's little unpleasantries. I will be too busy dealing with the horrible bloat in my gut to do anything else.

Here is a list of twenty-five taste sensations to punish yourself with.
1) Ice cream
2) Cheese
3) M&Ms
4) Reese's cups
5) Pizza
6) Chinese food
7) Chocolate yogurt from Trader Joe's
8) Mochi
9) Ice cream sandwiches
10) Hot dogs
11) Tendercrisp sandwiches from Burger King
12) Filet-o-fish sandwiches from McDonald's
13) French fries
14) Crispy chicken club sandwiches from Wendy's
15) Bacon deluxe single sandwiches from Wendy's
16) Cookies from Potbelly
17) Pizza rolls
18) Long John Silver's
19) Frappucinos
20) Fried chicken
21) Brownies
22) Corn dogs
23) Tornadoes
24) Salami
25) Corn chips

No comments:

Post a Comment