Saturday, June 19, 2010

Back it comes, from the darkness into which it vanished...

So, I just got back from a much-needed week long vacation. The trip was GREAT, but honestly, I'm glad to be home.

Yes, I failed that class.

Yes, I have to show up to the first session of the class I want to take next quarter and beg the prof to sign me in.

A little sneak peak at a longer post tomorrow...

My birthday is coming up. It is a big one. Some rules need to be established.
I need to get my shit together for school. Details on my fuckery and plan to fix it.
I have some medical problems that need attention. C'mon, I know you want to know more about my boring personal shit.

In closure, I went grocery shopping today because there is nothing fresh in your house when you get home after a week away. No, I didn't have a bunch of nasty stuff, I got rid of everything before we left. I had to go alone because DH was dealing with some branches that had fallen in the front yard (crazy storms here this week). My normal store recently closed, so I have been trying out new ones to see where I like going. The place I went was super awful, confusing and noisy and surly staff and generally stressful. Grocery shopping is a high-risk activity for me anyway, so...

I binged between one store (the one I go to for fresh stuff) and another (the one I go to for certain odd-ball staples that we like). The tally?

2 Dove chocolate bars
2 Starbucks apple fritters
2 Starbucks mini birthday cake donuts
1 Starbucks chocolate mini donut
1 McDonald's double filet-o-fish sandwich
Lots of diet coke to wash it all down (Seriously? Why diet coke with a binge? I guess that's why they call it a disorder, because it doesn't make sense.)

The outcome?
Hehe, outcome. See, that's funny because it came out. Nothing like yakking in a public restroom. I figured that if anyone asked if I was ok, I could lie and say it was morning sickness. 'Cuz nobody questions pregnant ladies. Oh, and then, since I felt pressed for time in the Trader Joe's bathroom and couldn't finish, I purged some more when I got home.

"Honey, would you go bring in the rest of the stuff in the car? I need to use the bathroom. Specifically, I need you to go outside for a minute so you won't hear me retching."

Quality.

In lighter news, I managed to eat more-or-less like a sane person on the trip. So that's good. I'm interested to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see how it compares to pre-trip weight. Also, after the snarf-and-barf, I went outside and walked for close to an hour. Lots of nice hills. So, all is not lost.

Talk to you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Diet sodas always went with my binges too... I guess it really doesn't make much sense that way, does it? But grocery stores always caused such bad behavior for me too... and i worked in one there for a while. Yeah, it was horrid. Stay strong, hunny. I know you'll do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 minutes of exercise every day it is, starting July 1st. Perhaps we should allow ourselves one optional day of rest though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I'm new (and awkward). I just thought I would let you know that I've read some of this, and I like your blog. There's something really... honest about it.

    Anyway, good luck! Everything is going to work out awesome.

    ReplyDelete