Friday, June 10, 2011

The Warm Up Is Over

Well, I went a little over my daily points last night. It wasn't a bingey disaster, I was just super fucking hungry. My blood sugar crashed, I had a massive headache, I hadn't slept the night before, and I had perhaps consumed a touch too much caffeine that morning. I was making a nice dinner that I had planned and began snacking while I was cooking. :(

I am irritated that I didn't have the self control to hold on twenty damn minutes until dinner was ready, but I'm not going to berate myself over it. Lesson learned, not sleeping lowers Lacey's threshold for just about everything. When in doubt, take a fucking benadryl.

Also, I'm down two pounds versus yesterday morning, so the damage was minimal. :) I'm really looking forward to "official" weigh-in on Sunday, assuming I can keep my shit together over the weekend.

I am officially done with school for the summer; I took my anatomy final yesterday morning. We'll see how I did. It's pretty much of a crapshoot with the way that teaches writes tests. Still, no worries. I went into the test carrying a good grade for the quarter so I can't have fucked it up too badly. Aaaaaannnd...I'm done! So yay!

My plan for the summer? Focus on the diet. Focus on the exercise. And quite smoking. I picked the nastiness up again last fall and gave myself permission to keep going. Studying and taking tests while going through withdrawal? More then I could handle. I just need to buckle down and deal now.

Tempest- PCOS!! Me too! As far as GI goes, I try to stick to whole foods and avoid breads and processed stuff. That seems to keep things reasonably under control. I do eat fruit, but I spread it around throughout the day and watch my portions. I've looked at South Beach, but not having some concrete limits is....scary.

1 comment:

  1. hey I just read through some of your blog and like it a lot, so cheers! I'm following.

    ReplyDelete